The Outreach Coordinator will develop and implement outreach and engagement strategies to advance priorities of the Mississippi River Delta Restoration program. Focusing on the Greater New Orleans area, the Outreach Coordinator will educate and engage community leaders and other key stakeholders, such as the faith community, neighborhood associations, student groups, landowners, and elected officials.
- Plan, develop, and execute an education and outreach campaign in the Greater New Orleans area to garner support for coastal restoration
- Identify, engage and cultivate community leaders and other key stakeholders in support of coastal restoration and MRDR program initiatives
- Organize information sessions, events, and field trips for stakeholders
- Provide stakeholder updates and recruiting for engagement opportunities, such as letters to the editor, blog posts, public comment, etc.
- Organize and present at meetings to engage stakeholders with campaign experts in order to increase leader confidence and understanding of coastal issues and needs
- Maintain a database tracking leaders, issue interests, asks and actions taken
- Present and table at community events
- Write blog posts, contribute to social media outreach, and develop educational materials as needed
- Manage MRGO Must Go campaign efforts, in coordination (coalition of 17 independent organizations working to restore the ecosystem impacted by the Mississippi River Gulf shipping channel).
- Assist with the implementation of two multi-year grants to a local government and community organization, serving grantees, organizing and attending meetings, and providing tracking and reporting support.
- Bachelor’s Degree Political Science and/or Environmental studies or other related field.
- At least three year’s professional work experience in political campaigns or nonprofit advocacy organizations.
- Three years advocacy or campaign experience.
- Experience with/knowledge of Louisiana Coastal a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to organize community leaders in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills and ability to work strategically
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Facility with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with community leaders and elected officials preferred
- Experience with environmental advocacy preferred
- Experience working with diverse constituencies
National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
TO APPLY: Please visit http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH18/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NWF&cws=1&rid=611.