The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit advocacy organization established in 1988 to unite business interests, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, local governments, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens in a shared mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
CRCL seeks to hire a Communications Director that is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating all communication activities to consistently articulate CRCL’s mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
The CD reports to the Executive Director and supports the organization's staff and board in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with external organizations and funders by using appropriate communication strategies and tools. The CD will create and communicate the organization's messages and ensure overall continuity of institutional brand consistency and image.
The CD manages or assists with all forms of CRCL communication efforts, including, but not limited to advocacy, fundraising, membership development, public relations, event promotion and any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director. The CD should participate at all decision-making levels of the organization to, at a minimum, give guidance when the CRCL’s image might be affected and to stay abreast of emerging communication needs.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, and/or three years experience in a communication related field such as public relations, marketing, journalism or political campaigns.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, including experience in writing press releases, annual reports, articles, blogs, newsletters, op-ed pieces, advertisements and speeches.
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently and is able to produce measurable and positive results.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Should be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with digital information and content management systems.
- Knowledge of coastal issues a plus
- Develops and executes communication strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Manages creation, development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic media including, but not limited to website, newsletters, press releases, brochures, annual report, and action network.
- Represents CRCL at committee meetings, public hearings, press conferences, speaking events and exhibit events.
- Assists with special events, including workshops and public meetings.
- Develops communication materials to support strategies, campaigns, proposals, grants and presentations.
- Manages media relations and contacts
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits provided.
Closing Date: August 25, 2013
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, resume, and references. Materials should be sent by email or post to Amy Tyrrell at email@example.com or 6160 Perkins Rd., Suite 225, Baton Rouge, La. 70806