The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit advocacy organization established in 1988 to unite business interests, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, local governments, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens in a shared mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
CRCL seeks to hire an Executive Director (ED) that is responsible for executing the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. The ED is the chief executive officer of CRCL. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for working with the Board to develop strategic plans, programs and budgets to advance the mission of the Coalition. The ED is responsible for the execution of those plans and programs and for directing and overseeing the staff, contractors, and volunteers employed to implement them.
- Relevant experience in management, fundraising, and environmental policy development.
- Familiarity with Louisiana coastal issues.
- Experience with events, foundation and corporate grants, membership, coalition building and working with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, speaking and writing ability, and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to integrity and honesty.
- Strategic Vision and Program Management – Interfaces with the Board of Directors to develop and execute strategic plans and programs.
- Financial Management – Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Human Resource Management — Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Community and Public Relations – Serves as the primary public spokesperson to ensure that the organization and its programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Fundraising — Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
Salary: DOE. Health and retirement benefits provided.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position, resume or curriculum vitae, and references. Materials should be sent by email or post to Amy Tyrrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6160 Perkins Rd., Suite 225, Baton Rouge, La. 70808