Description: The Mississippi River Restoration Delta Campaign seeks an effective, dynamic, energetic individual to lead outreach efforts in the New Orleans Metro Area with the aim of building awareness and support around the importance of restoring Louisiana’s coast. The New Orleans Metro Area Advocacy Coordinator will focus efforts in the New Orleans Metro Area with the possibility of work in Jefferson, Terrebonne and Lafourche Parishes. The Metro Area Coordinator will work under the Mississippi River Delta Restoration Campaign Field Director and will be part of a highly engaged team of non-governmental organization partners working to address Louisiana’s devastating land loss through large-scale coastal restoration projects. This position will be located in New Orleans, LA.
- Plans, develops, and executes an outreach campaigns in the New Orleans Metro Area.
- Collaborates with social media team to support online outreach and to engage leaders in social media content generation and promotion.
- Recruits and manages outreach interns to support tabling events, presentations, and assist in implementing field and social media tactics.
- Develops and maintains deliverable tracking and contact management systems.
Community Engagement and Outreach:
- Schedules and performs presentations to community organizations, tabling opportunities at community events, one-on-one meetings with local leaders, and similar outreach tactics.
- Organizes information sessions, events, and community dialogues.
- Engages community members in earned media opportunities such as letters to the editor, opinion editorials, and blog posts.
- Attends, and recruits partners to attend, public meetings regarding restoration priorities.
- Coordinates with field director and state policy staff to engage community leaders in meetings with local, state, and federal decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Three years experience in political or nonprofit advocacy campaigns required.
- Experience with / knowledge of Louisiana’s coastal issues a plus.
- Demonstrated success engaging citizens and community leaders in advocacy efforts.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills and ability to work strategically.
- Ability to successfully plan and execute outreach events
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with a broad range of constituencies (business interests, young professionals, civic organizations, hunters and anglers, etc.); coalition and partnerships experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Facility with all aspects of Microsoft Office required.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies.
This is a 16-month temporary position with the possibility to extend.
National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH18/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NWF&cws=1&rid=556.