Contrary to BP’s PR campaigns, the Gulf is still reeling from the impacts of the oil spill. To make matters worse, BP is trying to dodge accountability. As we enter day 2 of the BP trial, it's important to keep the pressure on BP to ensure they are fined the maximum penalties possible. We can make that happen by generating thousands of messages from concerned citizens across the country. Flood their inbox!
Go to the BP America Facebook page and click 'message.' Tell them it’s time to accept full responsibility for the oil spill. This is a clear case of gross negligence!' Then share this photo on Facebook (that tags BP America) to make sure they hear us loud and clear.
Go to the BP America Twitter page and send them a tweet: tell them to take full responsibility for 'gross negligence.' Be sure to include @BP_America and the hashtags #makeBPpay and #BPtrial. Feel free to use the sample tweets below!
- The #BPtrial is here. @BP_America must accept full responsibility for gross negligence #makeBPpay @TheJusticeDept
- Don't be fooled by @BP_America's PR machine, the gulf is still suffering. #BPtrial #makeBPpay cc: @TheJusticeDept
- Only gross negligence is justice for the gulf @BP_America. #BPtrial #makeBPpay cc: @TheJusticeDept
- Tell @BP_America the gulf has suffered long enough. It's time for accountability. #makeBPpay #BPtrial
- 'Not only was it within @BP_America's power to prevent the tragedy, it was its responsibility' #makeBPpay #BPtrial
- Even @BP_America employees called it 'the well from hell.' #makeBPpay for gross negligence in the gulf! #BPtrial
- 'Production over protection. Profits over safety'. #BPtrial. Tell @BP_America to accept responsibility! #makeBPpay
- 'This ought to be a clear-cut case of gross negligence' by @BP_America #makeBPpay #BPtrial cc:@TheJusticeDept
Let's bombard BP with messages from concerned citizens across the nation!